I'm awake. I keep closing my eyes trying to force myself back to sleep. This is so unreal. How could I have let myself go for so long? Who had I let myself become?
I'm done. It's time to get out of bed.
My feet touch the ground and my legs wobble, I'm so unsteady. It's truly been awhile. Is this good morning? Or what time of day is it? What year? Everything's so unclear. Slowly I start walking around taking my time as I move, where am I?
I'm out of bed now, out of the room. I've made it to the hallway now down the stairs. There's a bathroom to the left and I don't hesitate to enter. Closing the door behind me and locking it, I tuurn to look in the mirror. Shock hits me first, no it's not shocking, I mean yes but no. I'm calm.
I have to get out of this house. Whose here? Am I alone? Slowly I open the bathroom door, look around, seeing nothing I listen, hearing nothing, I move. Steadily I move my feet across the floor, steady with caution, I don't know what lurks outdoors. It doesn't take me long to find the door to the outside and along the way I found keys, which there's no mistaking must have been mine. Out the door and to the Pt. Cruiser. (Which lit up when I clicked the unlock button, interesting choice I whisper to myself.)
In the car now, on the road. I'm driving. Where? I don't know, I'm just driving.
A smile spreads across my face. It's all me in the driver seat.
No comments:
Post a Comment