Sometimes I deprive myself of things 'cause it's seem just,
For me, it takes deprivation to realize materialism isn't a must,
I fear I'm surviving by luck, I fear I'm living in fear,
Fuck, I question too much and love what isn't there,
It doesn't seem fair that it's one thing or the other,
Feel like I'm working for nothing and everything's working for my older brother,
But I won't get hung up..
See, these sentiments send a young man to a land full of envy,
With ten hands full of passion for a damsel that is threatening,
With a crammed pool, full of my pet peeves,
Repeating to myself; Damn fool, you're petty, what plan will you have next week?",
Now.. my conscious mind is tweaking,
My subconscious mind is tripping out,
'Cause my prior knowledge is leaking,
These borrowed times feel like prison now,
Sorrow's sighed and grown tired of me clinging on,
Telling me to cling onto a syllable that still tells me everything is gone,
Or will be gone with the wind and nothing but a memory,
Grandpa was strict, but I should've been smart and let him get to me,
In a sense, I guess he did, so his time with me was useful,
And it's understandable why he kicked Ryan and I outside for being untruthful,
When we knew the consequence would be brutal,
Saying mom's cooking wasn't good enough,
I'm surprised we didn't get a tooth or two pulled for saying what we shouldn't have,
Back when Dad didn't say he'd pray for us, but he prolly did,
Call and say what's up to his disgusted and hollow kids,
How preposterous that we'd push him away,
I mean, as his offspring what he was offering wasn't good enough for our pain?
I guess we didn't know forgiving cleanses the soul and lessens stress,
And I guess we were too stubborn like moms and had dad's aggressiveness..
No comments:
Post a Comment