Monday, January 2, 2017

Being selfish
Who you
No I am
Being selfish because
I'm the one not listening to you
Your the one whose screaming now
Your holding on to pain I can tell
You say it then you shut it down
Close yourself out say let me in
This whole thing was started on sin
Being selfish
No more
How do I get better
God give me strength
Through this stormy weather
Help me where I cannot help myself
Because I want to love
I want to feel
I want to fulfill my purpose
Because I know you're real
Being selfish
Who you
No I am
Being selfish because
You're struggling
Yet you stand hearing my words
You need someone to talk to
But I always open my mouth and stop you
Being selfish
That's what I was doing
This is real though
Now is the time for me to listen
So next step
Keep my mouth shut
Come with solutions
Not problems
Because I can tell
Even though I'm broken
And you stand taller than me
Your just if not more broken inside
In your eyes that's what I see
Being selfish
I no longer am
Love is strength
On which I feed

No comments:

Post a Comment