Sunday, December 25, 2016

Excuses

Tired of the excuses
The reasons we stay to choose is
For the reasons we leave, for truces
He said he'd do better, her hope fuzes
She said he's the one for me, love never loses

Constantly, "I'm happy." that we've all said
Though all I see are those words left unsaid
Lingering behind your lips, those stories spread
It wasn't hard to realize whose hunger was fed
We all get those moments of reality, we all dread

The more we try to find the reason for things
Is the reason frustration and confusion clings
This is what your excuses brings
Choices and corrections, doorbell rings
When we give up excuses, happiness sings

So you can carry on your marry way
Forget not though for what you heard me say
Come to me and your thoughts you'll start to weigh
Trust me I know its hard to lose color, see only grey
And I can tell that gleam in your eye wont stay

In your eyes though, looking close, sorrow
You can keep dreaming things will be better tomorrow
A lot to process should I continue, light up my claro
I'll continue speaking this sight you may borrow
Just don't be afraid to let go of your excuses though

~Amiralaina the Wonderer

No comments:

Post a Comment